WHAT IS A SUPERSTAR BULL CALF?
- We are looking for high genetic merit bull calves out of top cow families,
- They need solid pedigree with high performance/production from dam, grand dam and great grand dam,
- Minimum index criteria for a bull dam.
These index levels are guidelines alongside important traits like udder overall, capacity and dairy conformation to ensure an efficient high milksolid producer, lasting a long time in the herd.
OFFERING A BULL CALF IS AS SIMPLE AS:
- Complete and submit this form,
- We will give you a yes or no answer via text & email in three working days,
- If yes, you will be requested to collect and send tail hairs to CRV for DNA testing (genotyping).
GENOMIC SELECTION PROCESS
- Monthly genomic selection meetings are held from August to December,
- After every monthly meeting farmers are advised by text & email if their bull is included into the CRV PT team or did not make the cut.
If a bull calf is selected for CRV’s Progeny Test Programme you can sell your bull under one of two options;
$1250 + GST, plus a royalty of 5% of the gross amount of the bulls semen sales received by CRV, excluding semen sold for Progeny Test.
$4000 + GST purchase price
$2000 + GST additional payment if the bull is an InSire Graduate
$5000 + GST additional payment if the bull is a Proven Graduate
Bonus Payments: (Applicable to either purchase options)
$500 + GST Bonus if the bull results from an Embryo Transfer
$1000 +GST Bonus if the bull is ranked in the Top 1% gNZMI
If Yes, we will ask you to send CRV Tail Hairs of bull calf for DNA testing/genotyping. After DNA testing, monthly meetings, it can take up to December for final decision.
Friesian cows – 155+ BW
Jersey cows – 170+ BW
Crossbred cows – 180+ BW
Also need high PW’s & LW’s quite higher than BW.
Outcross bloodlines are a bonus
Solid pedigree with high performance/production from dam, grand dam and great grand dam, ideally finding some of the best bulls in the 3 generations pedigree