CRV’s trained and certified AB technicians inseminate close to half a million cows across the country each year.
Our technicians are very skilled and knowledgeable to ensure you get the best insemination service for your herd.
All CRV approved technicians are monitored by experienced supervisors to ensure you receive first-rate reliable service. They are re-assessed annually on their semen handling and thawing practices and their insemination techniques.
To arrange for our AB technician service to assist on your farm, talk to your local field consultant or phone 0800 262 733.
- Skilled technicians.
- Experienced supervisors.
- Matings recorded into your herd recording programme.
AB Technician Interest
Tash Meredith and her daughter Sophie are passionate about helping farmers breed healthy, happy cows. Tash thinks she has inseminated more than 100,000 cows during her career. “CRV has been great to work for. They’re a bit smaller than their competitors and as a result they’re really focused on their customer service and doing the best job for their farmer customers.”
Register your interest for becoming an AB technician for us
Benefits of training to be a DIY Inseminator or AB Technician
CRV offers AB Training Schools throughout New Zealand. Our trainers are experienced in all aspects of AB and provide training for both the DIY client as well as anyone who may be interested in joining our team of professional AB technicians.
- Savings – Based on a 300 cow herd, if you were to inseminate your own cows you would save approximately $1350 in the first year and $6750 within the first five years!
- Greater choice and control – As a DIYer, you have the advantage of making breeding choices on the spot and can inseminate at a time that suits you and your farming practice. Refresher DIY training is also provided.
- You may consider further training to join our team, which could earn you some extra income through the mating season.
- Supplement your income – Experienced AB technicians are always in demand.
- The course covers all aspects of artificial insemination plus LN2 and frozen semen handling, basic reproductive biology and PortaBULL app training.
- The course consists of two five-day blocks of training (not necessarily concurrent). Trainees must achieve a pass rate in week one of training (high placement and accuracy) to continue through to the second week. Only those who have passed both weeks of training will be considered employment as a CRV AB Technician.
- Learn about:
- Basic reproductive biology and heat detection
- Practical instruction on the insemination process with live cow inseminations
- Correct handling and thawing of frozen semen and safe handling of liquid nitrogen (LN2)
- Immediate feedback from experienced instructors on the accuracy of inseminations
- Discounted equipment required to inseminate your herd
Enrolment Forms 2021
Enrolment forms are to be completed and returned to us via email or post.
While we will endeavour to accommodate you at one of our training courses, the completion of these forms do not automatically ensure you will be able to attend a training course, as this can be dependent on the numbers of applications received and the availability of spaces at training locations.
Date and timing of Courses
The dates of training will be set once we have received and processed the enrolments forms. We appreciate that you have other responsibilities and commitments so will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible of your acceptance to a course and the dates of the course so that you can make necessary arrangements to attend.
AB DIY REFRESHER TRAINING – 1 or 2 Days
AB DIY TRAINING – 1 Week
AB TECHNICIAN TRAINING – 2 Weeks
1. Completing the application form acts as an expression of interest. Send to email: email@example.com or post to: AB Team, PO Box 176, Hamilton 3240
2. On receipt of your application, you will be contacted by CRV confirming your enrolment and training details.
3. Full payment will be requested with course confirmation. This must be paid within 7 days or the position on the course will become vacant. Payment options are Internet Banking, Cheque, Visa or CRV Account Charge. Payment is non-refundable.