Don’t just detect cows for heat
The newly redesigned ESTROTECT™ Breeding Indicator features breeding patch technology that indicates when cows are ready to breed, helps confirm pregnancies and provides pinpoint timing for AI protocols!
They are a 11cm x 4.5cm rectangular patch that is stuck on between the hip and the tail end of the cow. As mounting activity occurs, the ESTROTECT Breeding Indicator’s silver and black surface ink is rubbed off by the friction and will reveal the indicator colour (red/orange, green, blue, yellow or fuchsia).
Colours available are: Fuchsia, Red, Yellow, Blue or Green
Increase confirmed pregnancy rates
When activated the precision designed Breeding Patch indicates when cows are in optimal estrus to be bred. Third-party research has shown that when the breeding patch – or equivalent surface area – is rubbed off, confirmed pregnancy rates can be increase by up to three times!
- Only one patch per cycle is required compared with alternative tail paints and paint sticks, which must be applied or touched up regularly.
- While other detectors are activated by one mount (sometimes for as little as three seconds) CRV Estrotect™ Heat Detectors work gradually exposing the indicator colour, giving you more accurate results.
- With the new Breeding Patch it’s very simple to use. Once the patch is 50% rubbed it’s time to breed.
Help Confirm Pregnancy Status
Here’s how you can use ESTROTECT Breeding indicators to help confirm pregnancy status in your herd:
After your AB breeding programme or after bulls are removed from the herd, apply ESTROTECT breeding indicators to your cows or heifers.
- Monitor your cows daily over an 18-to-26-day period (the typical length of an estrous cycle in a cow).
- If the ESTROTECT Breeding indicator has not been activated, there is a high likelihood the cow or heifer is pregnant. This can be confirmed with another test like ultrasound or milk testing after the end of the mating season.
If the ESTROTECT Breeding Indicator shows at least 50% of the fluorescent signal layer over this time, the cow has been mounted multiple times and is likely to not be pregnant.
Learn more about the science behind Estrotect at estrotect.com/proven-performance/
Born from university research
The ESTROTECT™ Breeding Patch technology was born from university research. After testing the Breeding Patch on thousands of cows and heifers, researchers developed a patch scoring system with scores from 1 to 4.
Higher scores equate to higher estrus intensity and therefore, better chances for a successful pregnancy. Research showed that cows with scores 3 and 4, the equivalent of the Breeding Patch or greater, should be bred because they’ve reached peak estrus. In multiple studies from the U.S. and Brazil, pregnancy establishment increased and pregnancy loss decreased when the Breeding Patch was rubbed away.
Ultimately, the scoring system shows estrus intensity. The higher the estrus activity the higher are your chances of a successful pregnancy.
Apply in 5 easy steps
Heat activates adhesive. Store at or above human body temperature (37ºC) when about to apply.
An ideal location for placement is between the hip and tail end, perpendicular to the spine.
Brush with the grain of the hair to remove dirt, dust and shedding or moulting hair. It’s recommended to only use the Estrotect rubber brush.
Clean the area with an Estrotect cleaning cloth to completely remove any remaining dirt dust or sand.
Place the detector across the spine of the cow, press down firmly and rub into the hair with bare fingers.
|Pack of 50 patches||$112.50|
|Estrotect Chilly bin||$8.50|
Colours available are: Fushia, Red, Yellow, Blue or Green