CRV Ambreed offers AB Training Schools throughout New Zealand. Our trainers are experienced in all aspects of AB and provide training for both the DIY client as well as anyone who may be interested in joining our team of professional AB technicians.
BENEFITS OF AB TRAINING
Based on a 300 cow herd, if you were to inseminate your own cows you would save approximately $1350 in the first year and $6750 within the first five years!
- Greater choice and control
As a DIYer, you have the advantage of making breeding choices on the spot and can inseminate at a time that suits you and your farming practice. Refresher DIY training is also provided.
- Supplement your income
Experienced AB technicians are always in demand. You may consider further training to join our team, which could earn you some extra income through the mating season.
The course covers all aspects of artificial insemination plus LN2 and frozen semen handling, basic reproductive biology and PortaBULL app training.
The course consists of two five-day blocks of training (not necessarily concurrent). Trainees must achieve a pass rate in week one of training (high placement and accuracy) to continue through to the second week. Only those who have passed both weeks of training will be considered employment as a CRV Ambreed AB Technician.
THE TRAINING COURSE INCLUDES
- Basic reproductive biology and heat detection
- Practical instruction on the insemination process with live cow inseminations
- Correct handling and thawing of frozen semen and safe handling of liquid nitrogen (LN2)
- Immediate feedback from experienced instructors on the accuracy of inseminations
- Discounted equipment required to inseminate your herd
Enrolment forms are to be completed and returned to us via email or post.
While we will endeavour to accommodate you at one of our training courses, the completion of these forms do not automatically ensure you will be able to attend a training course, as this can be dependent on the numbers of applications received and the availability of spaces at training locations.
Date and timing of Courses
The dates of training will be set once we have received and processed the enrolments forms, with these running from late February through to June 2020. We appreciate that you have other responsibilities and commitments so will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible of your acceptance to a course and the dates of the course so that you can make necessary arrangements to attend.
AB DIY REFRESHER TRAINING – 1 or 2 Days
AB DIY TRAINING – 1 Week
AB TECHNICIAN TRAINING – 2 Weeks
1. Completing the application form acts as an expression of interest. Send to:
or post to: AB Team, PO Box 176, Hamilton 3240
2. On receipt of your application, you will be contacted by CRV Ambreed confirming your enrolment and training details.
3. Full payment will be requested with course confirmation. This must be paid within 7 days or the position on the course will become vacant. Payment options are Internet Banking, Cheque, Visa or CRV Account Charge. Payment is non-refundable.
|2020 Training Fees (incl GST)|
|DIY Training (One Week)||$1100|
|DIY Refresher One Day||$180|
|DIY Refresher Two Days||$360|
|Technician Training (Two Weeks)||$1100|
- Week Two of the Technician training is only provided to those who pass Week One
Existing clients receive a 10% discount