Accurate calving records,made easy; Gene Mapping’s as simple as applying an eartag.
Creating calving records with ease is one benefit of DNA testing. Gene Mapping identifies the sire and dam as well as the A2 type beta casein status.
The Gene Mapping service uses a new Allflex Birth Tag which takes the sample at the same time as applying the ear tag. Also available in a button tag format for the herd.
This provides many wins – it’s less invasive for the animal, faster for the farmer with only one action required, and provides a visual marker to confirm the animal has a DNA profile. Most importantly, the Allflex tag
system leaves no room for error. You’ll have 100% confidence that the results correctly link the sample to each animal.
- Select the age group to DNA
- Order DNA tissue sampling tags from your CRV Ambreed rep or customer support
- Tag and sample selected animals. Agtrac Technicians help with tagging the herd.
- Courier the samples to GenomNZ laboratory for DNA extraction and genotyping.
- Herd records are updated and you are sent the results.
See the CRV Ambreed catalogue for latest price list. Page 98/99.