Genetic tolerance offers the best protection against Facial Eczema (FE).
The daughters of our FE-tolerant bulls are 25-30% less reactive to a facial eczema challenge than the average cow.
According to a recent study led by Veterinary Enterprises Group (VetEnt) Research, facial eczema could be costing dairy farmers more than $100,000 a year in lost milk production. Not only is the disease costly in dollar terms, but it is also devastating for animal health.
Exclusively from CRV, FE-tolerant sires used in your breeding programme are an environmentally-friendly and safe way to help increase your herd’s tolerance to FE challenges, resulting in healthier cows and improved production.
Cows resulting from our FE tolerant sires will typically have:
- Improved tolerance to FE spores
- Improved production
*Sourced from www.AgResearch.co.nz as at Feb 2015
View our FE Tolerant Sires in our current catalogue
- Available in Friesian, Crossbred and Jersey
- Daughter proven and genomically-selected InSires
- It is a frozen semen product that requires storage in liquid nitrogen until use
- Pack prices as per the catalogue Nominated Bull Pack pricing.
- Individual bull pricing varies