With SiryX sexed semen you can increase the number of heifers generated through your yearly mating programme. SiryX sexed semen goes through a sorting process where more than 90% of the sperm cells in the straw carry the female ‘X’
chromosome and only less than 10% of the sperm carry the male ‘Y’ chromosome*. This ratio carries through to produce on average 90% heifers from the doses of sexed semen used on the farm.
Conception rates with SiryX are around 10-15% lower than non-sexed semen. Using the correct semen handling and the right selection of animals on heat will help you get the best possible results using the SiryX sexed semen product.
* As outlined in the quality control threshold as provided by Sexing Technologies in their sorting labs.
- Available in Friesian, Crossbred and Jersey
- Daughter proven and genomically-selected InSires
- This is a limited selection of some of CRV’s top sires
- It is a frozen semen product that requires storage in liquid nitrogen until use
- Contact your field consultant for pricing.